Pepper Masala Mutton Chops
|Prep time: 10 min||Cooking time: 40 min||Serves: 6-8|
I can’t remember a single time when mutton chops in pepper masala came out tasting less than perfect. Dad and my nephew Anush are testimony to that since we wouldn’t hear a peep from them until every last morsel on their plates was devoured.
1 kg mutton chops , 2 onions , 4 tomatoes, 1 tsp garam masala , ¼ cup oil , 1 cup coconut milk , ½ tsp turmeric powder , 2 tbsp black pepper powder , 2 tbsp chilli powder , 1 tbsp coriander powder , 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste , A few curry leaves , A few coriander leaves , Salt to taste
- Wash and rub a little pepper, chili, turmeric, ginger-garlic paste and a little salt into the mutton and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Pressure cook the mutton to 3 whistles with 1 cup of water.
- Finely chop the onion and tomatoes.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions, saute for a few minutes and then add the remaining ginger- garlic paste.
- Saute and add the chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Cook for 5 minutes, add the coconut milk and the chops.
- Cook till tender and when the masala is dry add pepper and the curry leaves.
Serve hot with rice or rotis or idliappam