|Prep time: 10 min||Marination time: 30 min||Cooking time: 40 min||Serves: 6-8|
While all of us were forbidden to eat by the plunge pool in our farmhouse when we were kids, the grandkids were given a special pass by Mom. She would send out a streaming plate of lamb chops for her darling grandchildren. The little rascals knew just how to win her over and made it a point to describe the delight of digging into the warm and spicy fry when they were ravenour from frolicking around in the pool.
When you really want to prepare a feast for someone, do include these chops. You can’t go wrong and there won’t be any leftovers. Guests who had eaten them before would always request for them to be added to the menu.
1 kg lamb chops , 3 eggs , 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste , 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tbsp pepper powder
2 tbsp coriander powder , 3 tbsp chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric, Salt to taste
- Wash the lamb chops and marinate them with pepper, chilli powder,
- Turmeric, ginger-garlic paste and a little salt for 30 minutes.
- Pressure cook with 3-5 cups of water of about 3 whistles.
- Whisk the eggs and salt in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Dip each lamb chop into egg and then into the flour, makes sure they are well-coated.
- Fry the chops till golden brown and serve hot.